Saturday, July 4, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I volunteered for the Habitat for Humanity this past week. Let me just go ahead and tell you that if you think these guys would have mercy on you because you are a female...you have another thing coming. It doesn't matter when it comes to building a house. I was hoping to be working in the interior, and having someone help me along but NOPE. I was up on a ladder from 7am to 2pm hammering nails into hard soffit (I don't even know if that's how you spell it) to the ceiling of the porch. I had a tool belt, hammer, nails, a tape measure, and a ladder. I am still so sore I can barely move! The experience really was wonderful though and I was able to help with the assistance of my wonderful coworkers in doing a little good for the community. If you have ever thought about volunteering you definitely should. Its tough work, but you will make it & be glad you did!

habitat for humanity

No comments: