Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bedroom makeover, makeover!

My bedroom has had several makeovers since April. I just couldn't get it right, but I think I have found my solution!

First, I used the same style that I had at my old house. I loved the green and brown scheme, but it was just played out.

Jamie 062

Then, too much light was coming through the windows so I changed the curtains and went for a darker look which I learned quickly that I HATED {forgive the mess oops!}

apartment 004

And now I have found my happy, happy place. Teals and yellows for the summer!

apartment 007

apartment 006

The curtain is by far a mistreatment. It's a shower curtain! But I love the way it frames the bed, and you can't really tell what it really is. It's a disguise! Plus it is very thick material, and lots cheaper than drapes. I also hung some plates I had beside the bed which turned out awesome, and lucky me...I picked out the teal ones that went great with the new look!

The bird pillow is awesome. My mother has the same one. I copied...what of it? :-)

It is a breath of fresh air when I walk in now. I love, love, love it!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

It looks fabulous! I love that pillow.