Friday, October 24, 2008

Monogrammin' in Paint

Forgive my I-insist-on-doing-it-the-hard-way...way. I was using my Friday night fever playing around with fonts in Microsoft word - then transferring the images to Microsoft paint for some love time. I made a little monogram using the program wanna see?

aka

See how the A on the right is reversed? FUN! This was a small 'win' in my book - since I couldn't figure it out in Word.

For those of you in the same boat I will share the (shhhh!) secret:

  1. Go to Microsoft word and pick out your fav font
  2. Make sure the middle initial is larger than the others
  3. Copy and paste into Microsoft Paint (my Paint program was found under Programs -> Accessories)
  4. Click on draw icon (first icon on top-left) and draw around the last initial in the monogram
  5. From the top toolbar select image ->reverse -> horizontal
  6. Save as JPEG if you would like use as a graphic in the future

AND coming soon to a blog near you:

a little fun surprise using this...

A

2 comments:

Kay said...

So cute, Amanda! Your personalized monogram is great! I can think of lots of places to use it. Have you thought of making a cover for the craft pages you've done? I especially like the lowercase "a". Happy crafting!

Joanna said...

Awsome! Will be doing some crafting with monograms soon.